Tuesday 2 June 2015

EXP 3: The Cross (sketchup)

2 point perspective that I chose to base my model on.

Considering the site I have chosen, I planned my model based on the area available. 
The base of this model is constructed within the dimensions of the free space and thus would affect the perspective as it is extruded upwards.

When imposed on the provided sketchup site model, the structure has a very grand and uplifting feel. 
Its has an impressive scale yet doesn't weigh down on the ground as much of the structure is comprised of the 'beams' extending between the three legs.
The height of the strucutre generally follows the height of the surrounding structures.




Aerial view of the model imposed on site
View from the main university mall 
View from the Roundhouse and the Blockhouse
View from Anzac Parade, Southbound
View from Anzac Parade, Northbound

No comments:

Post a Comment